Legal People, Legal Entities such as corporations or special societies that are requesting Residential Service
Normally one of these fictitious or unnatural artificial persons requests commercial or industrial services. However, you can also request a residential service on any property that is intended to be used as a residence. The rate is defined by the use and the permit that has been granted. For this reason, any structure designated as residential may be used for residential purposes of natural persons that an artificial person has hired while its use is residential.
In these cases they must submit the following documents:
- Document evidencing the legal personality to hire
- If it is a corporation:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of Existence or Authorization to Do Business in Puerto Rico (must not have more than six months from the date of issue).
- Certificate of Validity or Goodwill Standing of less than six months of expedition.
- Memorandum of the Board of Directors authorizing the officer to request electric service
- Employer Social Security Number (EIN).
- If it is a commercial or special company:
- Constitution deed and
- Agreement of Compensation and Continuous and Unlimited Guarantee (SE).
- Physical address of the home where the service will be given, with location references, if necessary.
- Mailing address, if different from the place of service.
- Electrical Installation Certification if it is a new property or if it has been without service for more than a year (this document is obtained through an expert electrician with a valid license).
Use Permit granted by OGPe or the corresponding autonomous municipality.
- If you are the owner, you must provide a Purchase Agreement or Deed of Property.
- If the property is rented, you must submit a rental or lease agreement.
- Payment of the deposit (when requesting the service they will indicate the amount)
- Any other document that PREPA deems necessary.