Business Customers

The following information and/or documents are required to establish a new electric service

You must provide the following information or documents:

  • Deed or Purchase Agreement
  • Electrical Certification
  • Current Use Permit issued by ARPE, OGPe or Autonomous Municipality on behalf of the owner of the property and for the specific use that will be given to the property.
  • If an individual requests electric service, he / she must present:
    • Personal information about the applicant and about the spouse (if applicable):
      • Name and two surnames
      • Civil status 
      • Social Security Number
      • Work and residence telephone number
      • Driver's license number, electoral card, passport or DTOP identification
      • Place of work
  • If it is an artificial entity such as a corporation or mercantile society, it must present the following documents evidencing the legal personality to hire:
    • If it is a corporation: 
      • Certificate of Incorporation
      • Certificate of Existence or Authorization to Do Business in Puerto Rico (must not have more than six months from the date of issue). 
      • Certificate of Validity or Good Standing Certificate of less than six months of expedition.
      • Memorandum of the Board of Directors authorizing the officer to request electric service
      • Employer Social Security Number (EIN).
    • If it is a commercial or special company:
      • Constitution deed. 
      • Agreement of Compensation and Continuous and Unlimited Guarantee (SE).
      • Physical address where the service will be given, with location references, if necessary.
      • Postal address, if it is different from the place of service.
      • Certification of electrical installation if it is a new property or if it has been without service for more than a year  (This document is obtained through an expert electrician with a valid license).
      • Use permit (granted by OGPe) or the corresponding autonomous municipality. If it is a new property or there is a change of use.
    • If you are the owner, you must provide a Purchase Agreement or Deed of Property.
    • Payment of the deposit (when requesting the service they will indicate the amount).
    • Any other document that the Authority deems necessary.
  • If the property is rented it must include:
    • Information about the owner
      • Name
      • Address
      • Telephones
    • Lease or Rental Agreement. At the discretion of PREPA, it may be required that the contract be duly notarized.


The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority reserves the right to request any other document or condition that it considers necessary in any specific case and without having to explain the reason for such requirement.